Due to high filing volumes, we are currently experiencing longer than normal filing times. We appreciate your patience as we work to have everything completed as soon as possible.

FAQ - How do I get copies

How do I get copies of articles, certificates and other documents recorded with the Secretary of State?

You may order Last Filed Annual Reports (regular or certified), Original Formation Records (regular or certified), Certificates of Incorporation/Formation/Authority, and Certificates of Existence/Authorization online by visiting the online copy store. Fees vary by the type and quantity of copies being ordered. If you need copies in a hurry (2 business days) expedited service is available for $50 per entity. Regular orders are produced within two weeks. Regular copies can be delivered by email if selected and certified copies must be delivered through mail or orded in-person.

All other copies requests can be made by mail or in-person. Be sure to include required fee's found at the bottom of the fee schedule.

NOTE: Corporation bylaws and LLC operating agreements are not filed in this office; they are internal documents kept on file with the businesses. The Secretary of State’s Office does not regulate how bylaws or operating agreements are to be obtained. You must follow up directly with the businesses to obtain this information.

Copies of your Business License or the Legal Entity Registration can be ordered with the Business Licensing Service www.bls.dor.wa.gov or 1-800-451-7985.