Tuesday March 13th through Monday March 19th, Department of Revenue will be releasing its new tax system. During that time business licenses will be accepted at DOR but will not be processed until the 19th. Please prepare accordingly. The Secretary of State does not have the ability to file or make changes to business licenses.

FAQ - How do I get copies

How do I get copies of articles, certificates and other documents recorded with the Secretary of State?

With the new Corporations and Charities Filing System (CCFS) copies are available on-demand and for free. All you need to do is search the UBI number, select the entity from the search result, and select the Filing History button at the bottom of the page. From there you have access to all documents filed in our office on that entity.

NOTE: Corporation bylaws and LLC operating agreements are not filed in this office; they are internal documents kept on file with the businesses. The Secretary of State’s Office does not regulate how bylaws or operating agreements are to be obtained. You must follow up directly with the businesses to obtain this information.

NOTE: The Legal Entity Registration (LER) document is no longer provided by either the Secretary of State or Department of Revenue. Since copies of the filed annual report is available and on-demand there is no need for the LER document as a receipt for annual reports.

Copies of your Business License (BLA) can be ordered with the Business Licensing Service www.bls.dor.wa.gov or 1-800-451-7985.